A Delectable Dessert
If you're looking for a yummy dessert to serve, look no further. Chocolate Scotcheroos were made at many family functions over the years; mainly by my aunt Arlene and grandma. These decadent treats please the taste buds with creamy peanut butter and a topping of butterscotch and chocolate morsels. My mouth waters just thinking about them! When I asked Justin what he wanted for our anniversary he said scotcheroos. Always a crowd pleaser and quite simple to make, these little bars should be a staple in everyone's recipe book.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Combine sugar and syrup in a large saucepan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, mix well. Add Rice Krispies, stir until well blended. press mixture into 13x9" pan.
- Mix chocolate and butterscotch morsels together over hot, but not boiling water, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat, spread evenly over Rice Krispie mixture..
- Cool until firm and cut into bars.