A few weeks ago I came across this delicious recipe while looking for ways to use some dill in my cooking. Every year Justin and I plant a vegetable garden in our back yard. I thought it would be nice to include an herb and why not some dill? My famous chicken noodle soup recipe uses this, as do our home made pickles. The things is, we now have TONS of dill! So on my search went for some more ways to include dill in my cooking. It's also quite nice in salads by the way. This new dinner was a huge hit with my husband who requested that I keep this as a go to. First off you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs of baby red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp of salt for the water
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Garlic Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp of dill chopped
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Fill a large pot with cut potatoes and add warm water until there is ½" of water above the top of the potatoes. Stir in 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook red potatoes at a light boil for about 10-12 min in salted water or until you can smoothly pierce potatoes with a fork. Remove from heat and drain well.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsp butter. Transfer potatoes to the buttery skillet then sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Toss potatoes to coat them in butter and sprinkle again with garlic salt. Let potatoes sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes then turn them and let sit another 2-3 minutes.
- Once potatoes are starting to turn golden on the second side, turn them and sprinkle generously with fresh dill and top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let the potatoes sit in the hot skillet to let the cheese melt a bit then serve.