Lemon Butter Chicken
One thing I'm always looking out for is a meal that has few ingredients and tastes delicious. Enter the lemon butter chicken recipe. This takes only 6 simple ingredients to make and only about 30 minutes to cook. As a girl who is always busy, this comes in as a winner.
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly to about 1/4 thick. Remove plastic wrap. In a bowl, combine the flour and sea salt. Coat the chicken breasts with flour mixture. Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper
- In a large skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter, half at a time, over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced. Serve chicken, lemon slices, and pan juices over rice or quinoa if desired.